The Institute of Clinical Psychology is already being recognized as one of the premier institutions in Pakistan, where Professional training and services of international standard in the field of clinical psychology are offered. The Institute of Clinical Psychology, University of Karachi aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To expand the growth and strengthen the status of Clinical Psychology as a profession in Pakistan and to impart specialized training in this field.
- To promote research suited to our own social cultural milieu in psychotherapy, psychological assessment, diagnostic testing, speech therapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation and other related areas.
- To bridge the highly disproportionate gap between “demand” (needs of psychologically treatable patients) and “supply” (availability of qualified clinical psychologists).
- To help patients who are mentally disturbed or have behavior problems to function at higher levels, live fuller and richer lives and be able to give more of themselves to their society.
- To stop the draining out of talent; it is expected that students aspiring to be clinical psychologists will avail these training facilities provided within the country in an environment which teaches them to do clinical practice in a culturally appropriate way.