Indus Resource Centre (IRC) envisages a democratic Pakistani society where all are equal, live with responsible freedom, are afforded justice, are able to make their life choices in an informed manner, and use their skills to optimal potential, contributing to economic, intellectual, social and moral development of society.
To mainstream the marginalised through various approaches to human and institutional development.
- Equality of human beings
- Opportunity for all
- Human potential
- Dignity of labour
- Judicious use of resources.
Education and Literacy
We strive :
- To provide quality education to girls at primary and secondary levels in Rural Sindh;
- To design and implement an affordable and replicable model of quality Education;
- To analyse, document, share lessons learned and advocate good practice.
IRC envisions schools that focus on the ‘development of children as peaceful and responsible citizens who can meet the challenges of work and life’.
- To equip communities with necessary skills to increase their livelihood options;
- To assist in developing linkages with markets and partners;
- To enhance the knowledge and willingness to adopt sustainable and environmentally sound practices.
Governance and Advocacy
- To enhance democratic systems; facilitate understanding and practice of rights and responsibilities of citizens, mainly the marginalized group;
- To assist in developing local accountability mechanisms through empowered groups of citizens;
- To bridge the gaps between local community groups and government and increase level of transparency through meaningful citizen’s engagement;
- To create awareness and develop capacity of civil and state actors to fulfill their prescribed responsibilities.
Disaster Relief and Risk Reduction
- To assist rural communities reduce their vulnerability and develop resilience to impact of disasters;
- To provide immediate relief and respond effectively and efficiently to disasters;
- To help affected communities return to their normal lives through short and long term rehabilitation plans.